School Board Nominee Names Are Selected for Two Seats
From Anne Arundel County Public Schools’ Public Information Office. Please note that the School Board Nominating Commission selects two names to be sent to the Governor for appointment. Under new county law, the appointed member will be “confirmed” by a Retention Vote during the next General Election (Nov. 6, 2012).
School Board Nominating Commission of Anne Arundel County Announces Final Candidate List for 2012
Candidates: the School Board Nominating Commission of Anne Arundel County announced it has received the following applications for the Anne Arundel County Board of Education District 21 and the At Large seats that will be open as of 1 July 2012:
- Matthew R. D’Angelo of Odenton
- Stacey L. Korbelak of Odenton
- Tracey P. Warren of Odenton*
At Large Seat
- Elizabeth Y. Leight of Laurel
- Patricia R. Nalley of Annapolis (incumbent)
- Tracey P. Warren of Odenton* (applying for both seats)
Copies of the candidate applications for public review can be found on the SBNC website at www.aacps.org/sbnc click on candidates.
Upcoming Candidate and Public Hearings (subject to further notice):
• Tuesday, May 15, 2012 – 7 pm – Board Room, 2644 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD
Public Hearing – Candidates will be subject to questioning by the Commission. The public is encouraged to attend but no public testimony will be taken.
• Wednesday, May 23, 2012 – 7 pm – Board Room, 2644 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD
Public Hearing – Commission will accept designated candidate witnesses as well as general public testimony from proponents and opponents of the candidates.
• Tuesday, May 29, 2012 – 7 pm – Board Room, 2644 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD
Commission will meet in executive session to deliberate and public session to vote on candidates whose names shall be forwarded to the Governor for selection.
Open sessions of the Commission are broadcast live AACPS-TV, which can be found on Channel 96 on Comcast and Broadstripe, and Channel 36 on Verizon. A schedule of rebroadcast times can be found on the Commission’s website, www.aacps.org/sbnc.