Farm Market Coupons Available to Eligible Senior Citizens
The 2012 Senior Farmers’ Market Coupons are available during July at the Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities, seven senior activity centers, two senior housing communities, and four nutrition sites.
The coupons are for anyone age 60 or older who is an Anne Arundel County resident and who meets certain income guidelines. Seniors will certify their eligibility at the distribution point. One person may earn up to $1,722 per month and a two-person family can earn up to $2,332 per month. Bring a photo ID.
The purpose of the Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program is to provide fresh, nutritious, unprepared, locally grown fruits, vegetables, herbs, and honey from farmers’ markets, roadside stands, and community-supported agriculture programs to low-income seniors. It also seeks to increase the consumption of agricultural commodities by expanding, developing, or aiding in the development and expansion of domestic farmers’ markets, roadside stands, and community-supported agricultural programs.
Coupons can be picked up from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays beginning July 16 at the department, 2666 Riva Road, Suite 400, in Annapolis on a first come, first serve basis until they are gone.
Coupons will be available at the other sites from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. as follows:
- July 9, O’Malley Senior Center, 1275 Odenton Road, Odenton.
- July 10, Brooklyn Park Senior Center, 202 Hammonds Lane, Brooklyn
- July 11, Pasadena Senior Center, 4103 Mountain Road,
- July 16, Bay Forest Nutrition Site, 930 Bay Forest Court, Annapolis.
- July 17, South County Senior Center, 27 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater.
- • July 18, Arnold Senior Center, 44 Church Road, Arnold.
- July 20, College Parkway Place, 570 Bellerive Drive, Annapolis; and West River Nutrition Site, 101 Owensville Road, West River.
- July 23, Parkview of Severna Park, 180 Ritchie Highway, Severna Park; and Annapolis Senior Center, 119 S. Villa Ave., Annapolis.
- July 24, Victoria Park, 87 Stewart Drive, Edgewater; and Claiborne Nutrition Site, 130 Hearne Road, Annapolis.
- July 27, Pascal Senior Center, 125 Dorsey Road, Glen Burnie.
For questions or more information, call 410-222-4257. TTY users, please use Maryland Relay 7-1-1 to place the call.