‘Numerous Complaints’ Move Police to Act on Drug House in Lothian
According to Anne Arundel County Police spokesman Justin Mulcahy, detectives from Southern District arrested two men at a house in the 900 block of Lower Pindell Road in Lothian on charges of cocaine and paraphernalia possession. The suspects are:
- Wayne Darnell Creek Sr., 40, of Upper Marlboro, who was charged with possession of cocaine and possession of CDS paraphernalia.
- Delano Emanuel Creek, 47, Chesapeake Beach, was arrested on an outstanding warrant out of Calvert County.
The arrests happened on Wednesday morning, where detectives from the P.A.C.T. unit and Animal Control worked together to also remove seven dogs from the property since no one was able to care for the animals due to the arrests.
Numerous citizen complaints led to the start of the investigation, Mulcahy said.
He said that Anne Arundel County Animal Control is in the process of re-uniting the dogs with their owners, however, a two-year-old beagle, Lucky, and a four-year-old Shepherd, Rica, are currently up for adoption at the shelter in Millersville.
Mulcahy said that the P.A.C.T. unit also received assistance from Anne Arundel County Zoning Enforcement to help deal with the many zoning violations that were observed on the property. He said the goal was to combat a community nuisance residence with drug activity taking place.
As a result of this incident, detectives seized .5 grams of “crack” cocaine, $2,475 in cash and digital scale.
A few hours later, police arrested three people for narcotics violation after a traffic accident at Truman Parkway and Riva Road in Annapolis.
Mulcahy said that just before 11 a.m., Southern District officers responded to scene, where the occupants of one of the vehicles was acting suspiciously.
Mulcahy said that a K-9 unit alerted to the presence of narcotics inside one of the vehicles. A subsequent search found two small bags of what police suspect is marijuana.
All three occupants of the vehicle were taken to the Southern District Station.
While being searched at the station, 15.7 grams of suspected heroin was found in one of the female suspect’s clothing. Police also seized about $3,000 in cash. On the street, the heroin would be worth about $4,000. Charged were:
- Chardonnay Dejesus, 24, Annapolis was charged withpossession of heroin, possession of heroin with intent to distribute and possession of marijuana.
- Rishaad Taylor, 21, of Annapolis was charged with one count of marijuana possession.
- Shaylia Hastey, 24, of Annapolis, as charged with one count of possession of marijuana.