BLOG: New Fundraising Charity Raises over $32K for Local Nonprofits
Anne Arundel Cares raised $32,160 for local nonprofits during the first week following its September 7th launch. This included three $2,500 challenge grants won by Opportunity Builders, Inc., the Center of Help, and the All Children’s Chorus of Annapolis.
The Anne Arundel Cares website (www.aacares.org) tells stories about the difference that 38 nonprofits are making in Anne Arundel County and provides an easy way for caring individuals to support their work. During Anne Arundel Cares Week, 178 individuals donated almost $25,000 to 22 local nonprofits. Through the generosity of Capital One Bank and an anonymous sponsor, Anne Arundel Cares was able to provide an additional $7,500 in challenge grants to the organizations who used the site most effectively to raise money.
“We’re thrilled to have been able to raise over $32,000 for local nonprofits during our first week,” said Joanna Conti, Founder and Chair of Anne Arundel Cares, Inc. “With so many of our neighbors struggling, our nonprofits need all the help they can get. I’m very thankful that 178 people stepped up to the plate to support nonprofits making a difference in Anne Arundel County.”
Participating non-profits include, in South County:
- Davidsonville Wildlife Sanctuary
- Londontowne Symphony Orchestra
- Owensville Primary Care, Inc.
- Rude Ranch Animal Rescue
- The Friends of Jug Bay, Inc.
- The Summit School
and in wider Anne Arundel County:
- All Children’s Chorus of Annapolis
- Annapolis Chorale (Live Arts Maryland)
- Annapolis Opera Company
- Anne Arundel County CASA, Inc.
- Anne Arundel County Literacy Council
- ArtWalk (Annapolis The Beautiful, Inc.)
- Arundel House of Hope
- Box of Rain Foundation
- Chrysalis House
- Cisco Center Foundation, Inc.
- Compass Rose Theater
- Creating Communities
- Emmaus Center
- Family Assistance Fund of Anne Arundel County
- Ferndale Volunteer Fire Co.
- Fidos For Freedom, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake
- Hospice of the Chesapeake
- Legal Aid Bureau, Inc.
- Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts
- Monarch Academy (The Children’s Guild, Inc.)
- Opportunities Industrialization Center of Anne Arundel County
- Opportunity Builders, Inc.
- Partners In Care Maryland, Inc.
- PDG Rehabilitation Services, Inc.
- People’s Community Health Centers
- Robert A. Pascal Youth & Family Services, Inc.
- Severn Riverkeeper (Chesapeake Rivers, Inc.)
- SPEAK, Inc.
- The Arc Central Chesapeake Region
- The Center of Help, Inc.
- We Care and Friends
- YWCA of Annapolis & Anne Arundel County
The South River Source is a media partner with Anne Arundel Cares.