Showcase of Heritage Sites Includes Five in South County
Teachers, educators, tour guides and group guides are invited to the Four Rivers Heritage Area Showcase, an event that will bring together 18 heritage museums, sites and attractions. The event will take place at Maryland Hall in Annapolis from 1 to 7 p.m. on Oct. 25.
Tour and field trip planners will have an opportunity to preview 12 state-certified heritages sites, to ask questions and to review educational materials. Make bookings for Spring 2013. During the Showcase, there will be special discounts that are only available at this event. Each of the Four Rivers Heritage Sites will have interactive activities, hands-on experiences as well as delicious local food, and live local music.
Here are some of the sites that will be participating,
in South County:
- Captain Avery Museum, Shady Side
- Four Rivers: The Heritage Area of Annapolis, London Town and South County
- Galesville Heritage Museum, Galesville
- Historic London Town and Gardens, Edgewater
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, Edgewater
and in Annapolis:
- Annapolis Community Boating
- Annapolis Maritime Museum
- Annapolis Tours by Watermark®
- Banneker-Douglass Museum
- Bates Legacy Center
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Chesapeake Children’s Museum
- Discover Annapolis Tours
- Hammond-Harwood House
- Historic Annapolis
- Maryland State Archives
- National Park Service – Star Spangled Banner Trail
- National Sailing Center & Hall of Fame
- U.S. Naval Academy, Armel-Leftwich Visitor Center
There are a couple of other things to mention before we end this item. First, the event is free and open to the public. Second, in addition to previewing how these 18 meaningful locations can translate into an exciting field trip or excursion for your group, you could win door prizes and giveaways. And finally, what a great way to get out and preview tour possibilities for next year and beyond.
The event will take place On Oct. 25 at Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts, 801 Chase Street in Annapolis. For more information on this event, visit the Four Rivers Heritage website, or call the office at 410-222-1805. E-mail contact: Heritage_Area@aacounty.org.