Davidsonville Man Faces Drug Charges on Eastern Shore
According to the news website, MyEasternShore.com, a Davidsonville man faces drug charges in Caroline County after he was found with suspected marijuana and partially burned marijuana cigarettes while riding a Harley-Davidsonville motorcycle on the Eastern Shore.
The news article said that Caroline County Sheriff stopped Robert Hardesty, 59, at 5:40 p.m. on Oct. 31. The Sheriff’s Office said a K-9 unit was conducting radar that night and Hardesty was clocked at 76 MPH, where the posted speed limit is 50 MPH.
The story said that the Sheriff found “a baggie of marijuana” during the stop. Hardesty was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and speeding.
He was released on his own recognizance.
We checked to see if Hardesty had previous encounters with the law. According to Maryland Judiciary Case Search, here is a sampling:
- Nov. 22, 2012 – Charged in Anne Arundel with disorderly conduct; disturbing the peace; violating a court order; CDS possession (not marijuana). The case is active.
- Nov. 16, 2012 – Traffic citation in Anne Arundel for failing to display the proper tab on his license plate while driving near Loch Haven. The case is active.
- Oct. 31, 2012 – Charged in Caroline County (read above).
- Sept. 13, 2012 – Charged in Anne Arundel with domestic violence. A judge put a temporary peace order/restraining order in place (rescinded on Nov. 19). The caseis active
- Aug. 27, 2012 – Charged in Anne Arundel with second degree assault. The case is active.
- Feb., 25, 2012 – Traffic citation in Upper Marlboro by Bowie Police. Case closed in July 2012.
And in previous years:
- Sept. 18, 2011 Traffic citation in Snow Hill, Worcester County, on the Eastern Shore for not turning on lights in unfavorable visual conditions.
- Nov. 22, 2010 – Charged with disorderly conduct. Case closed with a plea.
- Oct. 19, 2004 – Charged in Anne Arundel with four counts of CDS/with intent to distribute. Case closed with a plea.
- Oct. 10, 2004- Charged in Anne Arundel with Assault, 2nd degree. Case closed with a plea.
- Aug. 18, 1998 – Charged in Anne Arundel with violating a court order, assault and false imprisonment. Case closed with a plea.
- Aug. 3, 1992 – Charged with battery. Case closed with not guilty plea.
- July 6, 1992 Charged in Ocean City with two counts assault and battery. Case closed with plea.
- Aug. 7, 1991 – Charged in Ann Arundel with theft and Harassment. Case closed with plea.
- Dec. 29, 1990 – Charged in Anne Arundel with battery an destruction of property. Case closed with plea (probation and fines).
- Sept. 1, 1990 – Charged in Anne Arundel with driving under the IIfluence, driving while intoxicated and driving on the wrong side of the road. Case closed with single count guilty (DUI), supervised probation for one year and unsupervised for four years.
Case search only shows cases from 1989 to present.