Libraries Launch Summer Reading Program—South County and Edgewater Branch Events
Anne Arundel Public Library branches are launching their always-successful summer reading programs. The program, with music, science, reading and puppet shows will kick off at the South County branch library on June 19 at 2 p.m. and at the Edgewater branch library on June 20 from 1 to 4 p.m. There will be arts, crafts, games and face-painting.
The target audience are kids entering grades 12 and younger. This year’s theme is Dig into Reading. Children and teens sign up anytime, at any branch. Participants will get reading recommendations along with coupons, activities and freebies in a gift bag. The programs and activities start June 17 and run through July 27. We’ve listed specific branch events further down in this story. Print it out and hang it on the ‘fridge so you’ll know which events to attend and when.
Get up-to-the-minute information on events and other library news by “liking” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/aacpl.
The Edgewater branch library is located at 25 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater; 410-222-1538. The South County branch library is located at 5940 Deale-Churchton Road, Deale; 410-222-1925 or 410-867-4164
Summer Reading Kickoff. Dig deeper into reading. For preschoolers through elementary school students
- Edgewater branch on Thursday, June 20 from 1 to 4 p.m. (crafts face painting, sidewalk art and more)
- South County branch on Wednesday, June 19 at 2 p.m. (Lots of crafts and games)
Complete the Summer Reading Club Scavenger Hunt between June 19 and July 1 and bring it to the Information Desk for a prize! For school-aged children
- South County and Edgewater branches from Monday, June 17 through Saturday, June 22
Time Capsule Puppetry at its best! Three little pigs work with a children’s librarian to dig up a time capsule buried 50 years ago when the library was first built and the world was ruled by The Beatles and The Temptations.
- Edgewater branch on Wednesday, June 26 at 9:30 a.m., 11:30 am and 1:30 p.m.
- South County branch on Thursday, June 27 at 4 and 7 p.m.
The Science Show! A unique, visual presentation of science – using comedy, music, balancing, magic and juggling to prove that science is, indeed, everywhere.
- Edgewater branch on Tuesday, July 9 at 1:30, 3:30 and 7 p.m.
- South County branch on Wednesday, July 10 at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m.
The Nicolo Whimsey Show! Nicolo the Jester combines juggling and comedy with storytelling, poetry, music and more in this variety arts spectacular. For all ages
- Edgewater on Thursday, July 18 at 1:30, 3:30 and 7 p.m.
- South County on Tuesday, July 16 at 1:30 and 3:30 p.m.
Books and Magic! Can You Dig It? with Magician Joe Romano Books about dinosaurs, mummies and caves come to life in a brand new production. For all ages.
- Edgewater on Monday, July 22 at 1:30, 3:30 and 7 p.m.
- South County on Wednesday, July 24 at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m.
Pop Is Tops!’ For Father’s Day, bring your daddy, granddaddy or someone else you love for bounces, tickles, stories, giggles and more. For birth through 24 months and parents and caregivers
- South County branch on Saturday, June 15 at 10 am