Dickinson Jewelers Jewelry Auction to Benefit End Hunger in Calvert County
From South County Chamber of Commerce member Dickinson Jewelers:
Dickinson Jewelers, in Dunkirk and Prince Frederick, will be holding their first ever jewelry auction, Get It or Regret It! for three days only. The auction begins 10 a.m. Thursday, August 1st and bidding ends Saturday, August 3rd at 2 p.m. We will be closed Wednesday, July 31st to prepare the stores for this exciting event!
The jewelry store is once again partnering with End Hunger in Calvert County (EHCC), giving customers the opportunity to win one of six fabulous prizes with a total value of over $5,000 while helping the local community! Customers will receive one entry ticket for each nonperishable food item donated. A NEW prize drawing starts each day, so participants should stop by daily with food donations and to update bids!
Here is how the auction works:
- Opening bids will start at 40-60 percent off the retail prices!
- Starting at 10 a.m. August 1st, visit either store to purchase a bidder registration card for $5. ALL of the proceeds from the bidder registration cards will be donated directly to End Hunger in Calvert County, AND the purchaser will receive one entry ticket for that day’s prize drawing.
- Shop Dickinson’s large selection of incredible bargains in the jewelry auction and start bidding!
- Bidding ends at 2 p.m. on Saturday, August 3rd.
- The highest bidder at 2 p.m. on Saturday must come into the store before 5 p.m. to pay for the purchase. At 5 p.m. the item will go to the next highest bidder.
- Going out of town after the auction begins? See either store to find out how to have someone bid on your behalf, or learn how to pre-pay for the item(s).
Throughout the three-day sale, 10 percent of all auction sales will go directly to End Hunger in Calvert County, as well as the $5 from each bidder registration and all food donations. The continued partnership with End Hunger is a wonderful way to give back and support the community that has helped to make Dickinson Jewelers a success for over 55 years. Kathy Dickinson, owner, said “We couldn’t be any more appreciative of our wonderful community. It’s amazing to see all of the love and support that comes from our customers. I can’t wait to see if we can top the amount of food we were able to collect last summer!”
Dickinson Jewelers is located in Prince Frederick Market Place (916 Costley Way, 410-535-4338) and in the Dunkirk Market Place (10286 Southern Maryland Boulevard, 301-855-8770). Store hours at both locations: Mon-Fri 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sat 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (extended Saturday hours on August 3rd, open until 6 p.m.); closed Sunday.