Save a Life By Dining Out: Youth Suicide Prevention Awareness Week
Nationally, suicide is the third leading cause of death for teenagers. In Anne Arundel County, the Youth Suicide Awareness Action Team is working to change that. You can help by going out to eat during their “Save a Life Dining Out” event.
Eight restaurants will be participating, each giving a portion of the evenings’ proceeds to the cause of suicide prevention and awareness. The dining out event starts on Monday, Sept. 9 and runs through Sept. 14. You need a flyer for the suicide prevention team to get the credit.
The rest of the week, the following restaurants will be particpating
- The Grill at Quarterfield Station, 7704 D Quarterfield Road, Glen Burnie
- Brian Boru, 489 Ritchie Highway, Severna Park
- Galway Bay, 63 Maryland Ave., Annapolis
- Killarney House 584 W Central Ave., Davdsonville
- Green Turtle, 20 Magothy Beach Road, Pasadena
- Chevys Annapolis, 2430 Solomons Island Road, Annapolis
- Ledos Pizza, 522 Ritchie Highway, Severna Park
Sept. 8 to 14
- Bella Napoli, 350 Mountain Road, Pasadena
Proceeds from this restaurant fundraiser will be used to fund programs at Anne Arundel County high schools and other community locations.
Already, dedicated volunteers from the school system, county agencies and the community worked diligently to raise awareness and provide suicide prevention education in Anne Arundel County. As a result, over 18,000 people have been trained in how to recognize suicidal ideation in individuals and how to direct them toward the help they need.
Related stories on South River Source:
- Governor Signs Cyber-Bullying Law Giving Victims Legal Recourse to Online Harassment
- Suicide Prevention is a Community Effort