Schools Offer Information Sessions on Magnet Programs on Sept. 24
Anne Arundel County Public Schools is offering parents and students an opportunity to check out magnet programs for the next school year. Fifth and eighth graders are eligible to enroll in these programs in the spring. These informational sessions will allow families to review the offerings and make the best decision for their child’s academic future.
Sessions, which begin at 6 p.m., will be held on Tuesday, September 24, at Bates Middle School in Annapolis, and Monday, September 30, at Old Mill High School.
Information will be presented about the following programs:
- The BioMedical Allied Health high school magnet program
- The International Baccalaureate Programme for middle and high school students
- The Performing and Visual Arts middle and high school programs
- The Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) middle and high school programs
- The Centers for Applied Technology (CAT-North and CAT-South)
The application process for these Programs of Choice will open in early October. For more information, call 410-222-5391. These opportunities are available to students regardless of the student’s home school. While some require special admissions procedures, transportation alternatives are available once a student has been accepted.
So, for example, if your child were in-bounds to Southern Middle, but wanted to attend the Performing and Visual Arts program at Bates Middle School in Annapolis, they would be eligible and would attend all of their other classes at Bates as well. If your child would be a rising ninth grade student at South River and wanted to attend the International Baccalaureate Programme at Annapolis High, they would simply attend school in Annapolis.
- South River High Teacher Jodie Hogan Named State Teacher of the Year Finalist (southriversource.com)
- Free Flumist Vaccines Available for Students at South County Elementary Schools (southriversource.com)
- Maryland State Highway Reminds Drivers of Back-to-School Rules of the Road (southriversource.com)