South River Class of 1993 Is Looking for Classmates for Upcoming Reunion
Heather Lowe Sutherland is helping to organize the South River High School Class of ’93 reunion. The event will be held on Nov. 30 at Yellowfin Restaurant in Edgewater.
“Let’s show Yellowfin that the Seahawks know how to party,” she said.
The cost is $70 pr person. Checks can be made out to Heather Sutherland and mailed to First National Bank, care of Katie Fitzwater, Annapolis Towne Center, 1905 Towne Center Blvd., Suite 105, Annapolis MD 21401. Please put Class of ’93 Reunion in the memo line.
The event on Nov. 30 starts at 7 p.m. The price includes hor d’oeuvres, open bar (beer and wine), non alcoholic beverages and DJ Mike.
Email: Heather Lowe Sutherland.
A refresher on the year 1993:
- In 1993, Bill Clinton was sworn in as President.
- TV—David Letterman left NBC for CBS; Homicide: Life on the Street premieres on NBC. Beavis and Butthead is one of the top rated shows on MTV; Frasier premiered on NBC as a spinoff of Cheers; Doogie Howswer MD ends a four-year run; Cheers ends an 11-year run and Knots Landing ends a 24-year run
- Film—Jurassic Park was the number one grossing movie for the year, while Shindler’s List won the Oscar for Best Film
- The Chicago Bulls, led by Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen take the team to the NBA Finals and Championship. The Dallas Cowboys beat the Buffalo Bills for the Super Bowl and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Phillies in the World Series.
- The Unabomber struck again, injuring a Yale University professor.
- The big slogan of the year was “Got Milk?” from the funny ads by the Milk Council
- Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” was the big hit of the year
- The big holiday gift for the year were the Power Rangers action figures