Nominations for Volunteer Project Hall of Fame Award Due Oct. 17
The Volunteer Center for Anne Arundel County and the Coordinators of Volunteers for Anne Arundel County are seeking nominations for the 9th annual Volunteer Project Hall of Fame Awards. The award honors volunteer projects that have had the most impact in Anne Arundel County and the City of Annapolis.
Nominations are invited for volunteer projects sponsored by local nonprofit or faith-based organizations, schools, local businesses, governmental agencies or other groups. The volunteer project must not be for the sole benefit of a for profit business.
Volunteer project award categories vary each year, but projects have included: Environmental, School-Based, Faith-Based, Business-Based, Boomer, Innovation, Living History and Kids At Hope.
Nominating a volunteer project is simple:
- Any hands-on volunteer project directed at problem solving in Anne Arundel County is eligible. A project is defined as an activity or event conducted by not less than two persons that includes at least one verified nonprofit, faith-based or governmental organization.
- Nominated projects should have taken place since January 2012.
- Events/activities that are solely devoted to fundraising or advocacy are not eligible.
- Projects must not be for the sole benefit of a for-profit business.
- Nominators must notify a representative of the project being nominated before submitting their nomination for consideration.
To nominate a volunteer project, fill out the online nomination form and upload a photo from the project at: http://vcaac.wufoo.com/forms/2013-volunteer-project-hall-of-fame-nominations/. Nominations close on October 17.
For additional information or to download the nomination form in a PDF format go to http://www.volunteerannearundel.org/SpecialEvents
Approximately eight awards winners will be announced at the Induction Luncheon Celebration to be held on Thursday, November 14, 2013.
- HOT SHOTS: Gene Hall Community Service Award Winner at So Co Chamber Crab Feast (southriversource.com)
- Oct. 2: Volunteer Opportunities (southriversource.com)