WHAT’S GOING ON Oct. 24 to Nov. 1: Festivals, Yard Sales, Sports and More!
We’ve got a busy fall weekend in South County! Check our Calendar of Events for a more complete listing, but here is an overview of some of the fun things to do over the course of the next week. If you’ve got something you want added to our Calendar or “What’s Going On,” please email Mitchelle@southriversource.com or call 410-353-4706. We’re happy to add it as quickly as our fingers can type it.
Thursday, Oct. 24
- 6 p.m. Southern Girls Varsity Soccer home game at Bulldog Stadium in Harwood (vs. Largo).
- 6 p.m. South River Girls Varsity Field Hockey home game at Seahawk Stadium in Edgewater (vs. North Point).
Saturday, Oct. 26
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Deale Beach Citizens Association Fall Yard & Bake Sale, 938 Main Street, Deale Beach. For infom 410-867-4085. Proceeds to benefit hall renovation fund. Take Rte 256 to Deale Beach Rd, left on Main St to Community Hall at 4th St.
- 10:30 a.m. Halloween Parade at Greenstreet Gardens. It is the last weekend for their Fall Festival and corn maze. 391 West Bay Front Road, Lothian.
- All Day. Prescription take-back initiative at the Southern District Police Station. Drop off your old medications to be properly disposed. 35 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater. Call 410-222-1961 for information.
- 8 p.m. Leaves of Autumn concert featuring Jennifer Cutting’s OCEAN Quartet at Galesville Memorial Hall, 952 Galesville Road, Galesville. $15 cash advance/ $20 door. Reservations and advance sales: 443-786-0463 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7:30 p.m. Spooky Sounds, Haunted Harmonies, Londontowne Symphony Orchestra concert at South River High School, Edgewater. Tickets $15/$10 seniors/free for students.
Tuesday, Oct. 29
- 6 p.m. South River Girls Varsity Soccer (2nd seed in Class 4A East region) home game at Seahawk Stadium in Edgewater (vs. winner of Great Mills or North Point) for regional quarterfinals.
Friday, Nov. 1
- 6:30 p.m. South River Football home game at Seahawks Stadium in Edgewater (vs Glen Burnie High).
- 6:30 p.m. Southern High School home game at Bulldogs Stadium in Harwood (vs. Annapolis HIgh).
Coming up Next Week
Saturday Nov. 2
- 4 p.m. to close. Benefit Becky fundraiser at Stan and Joes Saloon, South River Colony Main Street.
- 4 p.m. to close. Mutts Matter fundraiser at Chad’s BBQ, Central Avenue in Edgewater.
Sunday, Nov. 3
- 10 a.m. Militia Muster at Historic London Town and Gardens, Edgewater.
- 3 p.m. Katie Dahl in concert at Homestead Gardens in Davidsonville, to benefit the South County Prekindergarten Co-op.