WHAT’S GOING ON Nov. 15 to Nov. 22: Plans, Exhibits and Fighting Hunger
Here are a few of the events happening this weekend in South County. Check our Calendar of Events for a more complete listing. If you’ve got something you want added to our Calendar or “What’s Going On,” please email Mitchelle@southriversource.com or call 410-353-4706. We’re happy to add it in as quickly as our fingers can type it.
Saturday, Nov. 16
- 6:30 p.m. Play, “All for One,” at Cornerstone Theater, Davidsonville United Methodist Church in Davidsonville.
Monday, Nov. 18
- 7:30 p.m. South County Concerts: “The Diamonds” at Southern High School, 4400 Solomon’s Island Rd. (Rt. #2) Harwood.
Tuesday, Nov. 19
- 5:30 p.m. Southern Anne Arundel Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours Mixer. Pirates Cove Restaurant, 4817 Riverside Dr
- 7 p.m. Capt. Avery Museum: Marion Warren Photo Exhibit opening reception. The exhibit will consist of 33 classic black-and-white images of the Bay and the people who work its water and land. Shady Side.
Wednesday, Nov. 20
- 6 p.m. South River High School Empty Bowls to Fight Hunger. Edgewater. Have dinner with at South River High to help end hunger in Maryland. The “Empty Bowls” event will feature a sampling of soup from ten local restaurants and bread from Panera.
Friday, Nov. 22
- 6 p.m. Greenstreet Gardens Open House. Come check out the Christmas decorations at Greenstreet Gardens in Lothian. Sample wines and local foods. $15 for the wines tasting — 100 percent of proceeds to benefit the Capt. Salem Avery museum in Shady Side.
- 6:30 p.m. West/Rhode Riverkeeper Meeting and Potluck Supper. Open to the public. Chris Phipps from the Anne Arundel County Department of Public Works will discuss the County’s new Stormwater Fee- also known as the “rain tax”. Discovery Village, Shady Side.
- HOT SHOTS: Bob Bradshaw Way at Davidsonville Park Dedicated on Wednesday (southriversource.com)
- HOT SHOT: South Anne Arundel Rotary Cuts Check to Anne Arundel Youth Suicide Awareness Task Force (southriversource.com)