Police Looking for Suspect in Edgewater, Riva and SoCo Vehicle Break-ins
Anne Arundel County Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a suspect in thefts from cars in the Edgewater, Riva and South County areas. A witness recently reported seeing a suspect with the following description trying to break into a van:
- Short white male
- Driving a pick up truck, possibly blue in color
- Loud exhaust
- Rear left taillight partially out
Anyone with information should contact Det. Kriewald at 410-222-1965.
Here are some ways to prevent being a victim of theft from auto crimes:
- Lock your car – even in your own driveway.
- Don’t leave cash or valuables in your vehicle (especially in plain view).
- Don’t leave your vehicle title or registration in the car because it has identifying information about you (your home address for example). This could give thieves an opportunity to break into your home as well as your vehicle.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times, especially at night or in isolated areas.
- Report any suspicious activity to police. They work 24/7. If something doesn’t feel right or look right, it probably isn’t. Call 9-1-1 immediately. A patrol car can check things out without talking to you or identifying you.
- 2013 Year in Review: Recap of the News from the Third Quarter (southriversource.com)
- Southern District Community Police: Call Us If Something Doesn’t Seem Right (southriversource.com)