Snow Storm ‘Pax’ Closes Schools, Government Offices. We’ve Got a List of South County Closures
It’ll be another snow day on Thursday (Feb. 13). Schools have announced that they are closed as well as federal and state government offices. We’ll try to collect closure information for Southern Anne Arundel County on this page.
We’ll add additional closures as information becomes available. Send your business or organization delayed opening or closure information to Mitchelle@southriversource.com and we’ll post it ASAP.
Closures for Thursday:
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools closed, Code Red in effect for all employees. Central Middle School’s STEM Night is postponed to Feb. 20.
- Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks: All safety turf fields are closed, all Recreation and Parks sports, community group activities, recreation programs and school age child care in Anne Arundel County Public Schools, recreation centers, aquatic centers and senior centers are cancelled. The Arundel Olympic Swim Center on Riva Road in Annapolis and the South County Recreation Center in Harwood are closed.
- The South County Senior Center is closed. Senior Center Plus and all Nutrition Sites will be closed throughout the county. All Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities transportation services are cancelled.
- The Summit School, Edgewater is closed on Thursday.
- Anne Arundel County Department of Health Clinics will be closed on Thursday.
- Anne Arundel Community College will be closed on Thursday.
- The State of Maryland has closed all state offices and facilities beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday at the end of the day shift. Emergency essential personnel should report as scheduled. The closing/liberal leave policy applies to principal units and independent agencies in the Executive Branch except educational units under the jurisdiction of the University of Maryland, Morgan State University, St. Mary’s College of Maryland, Maryland School for the Deaf and Baltimore City Community College.
- The Federal Government has closed offices in the Washington, DC area. Emergency and telework-ready employees should follow their agency policies.
No MTA Commuter Bus Service on any routes on Thursday, including to BWI Airport. Commuter bus staff and contractors will be working to clear parking lots, sidewalks, and shelters. A decision about service on Friday will be made Thursday evening.
Anne Arundel County Government is closed with the exception of emergency and essential personnel. No trash pickup.
Bayside Bull in Edgewater is open on Thursday. They won’t have sliced meat, but they’ll have soups (Chili, Red Bean & Rice) and pulled pork.
- Chesapeake Cigar Company in South River Colony Main Street is open. Thanks Mike for the update!
Tell us in the comments about the snowfall in your part of South County! With our Facebook comments, you can even add photos. We’d love to see them.