What’s Going On: May 17 – 25: Fashion Show, Crabcake Dinner and DPW Talk
Here are a few of the events happening this coming week in South County. Check our Calendar of Events for a more complete listing. If you’ve got something you want added to our Calendar or “What’s Going On,” please email Mitchelle@southriversource.com or Cynthia@southriversource.com. We’re happy to add it in as quickly as our fingers can type it.
Saturday, May 17
- 1 p.m. Music at Historic London Town and Gardens. Historic London Town and Gardens, in partnership with the Londontowne Symphony Orchestra, is offering a Music in May concert series. On select Saturdays in May, the Londontowne Symphony will provide a 1 p.m. concert at Historic London Town and Gardens. Each concert will last 45-60 minutes. Depending on the weather and the day, the performance will either be in the woodland and ornamental gardens or in the c1760 tavern (William Brown House). Seating is limited in the William Brown House. For performances in the gardens, attendees may bring their own chairs. The May 17 concert features Duet in the William Brown House. Admission is free for members; $10 – General Public; $9 – Seniors (62+); $5 – Youth (7-18); Free – Children (6 and younger).
- 7 p.m. Body Wellness Salon & Spa 10 Year Anniversary and the Boutique at Body Wellness’ One Year Anniversary Celebration. “Models and Adoptables” fashion show to benefit the Mid Atlantic Bully Buddies. Come see new summer looks and pitties parade down the runway. Early bird tickets are $15 and may be purchased at www.boutique.com. Day-off admission is $20. Event runs from 6 to 8 p.m. and is being held in the old Parkemoor space at 127 Mitchells Chance Road in Edgewater. Food and refreshments by the All American Steakhouse, Fuji Steakhouse and Stan and Joe’s Saloon.
- 1 to 5 p.m. St. James Spring Crab Cake & Country Ham Dinner. St. James’ Parish in Lothian, Maryland will hold its annual Spring Crab Cake and Country Ham Spring Dinner with homemade crab cakes, country and honey-baked ham, potatoes au gratin, homemade coleslaw, rolls and biscuits, beverages and homemade pies. Dinner is $20 for adults (eat in or carry out) and $10 for children 10 years and under. Children under 2 years old eat free. 5757 Solomons Island Road in Lothian. The St. James Website.
Sunday, May 18
- 1 to 4 p.m. Rabies Clinic at Owensville Primary Care. Dr. Linda Murray Ruiz of Muddy Creek Animal Hospital along with the volunteer staff of Owensville Primary Care will vaccinate your pet. There is no charge but a donation is appreciate. Animals should be on a leash or in a carrier. The potential for our pets to come into contact with a rabid wild animal is greater here in our rural area than farther north and we need to protect them and ourselves by vaccinating as many pets as possible.
Tuesday, May 20
- 5:30 – 7 p.m. Business After Hours Mixer. Come out to meet the members from Chesapeake Health and Fitness and Body and Soul Spa. Business After Hours Mixers provide a great time to network with new chamber members, guests, and current members. Bring plenty of business cards to share. Bring a potential new member to our meeting. Chamber members $10. Non-Members $15 First time guests of chamber members, no charge.
- 7 p.m. Harwood Civic Association will be holding their annual meeting at the Galesville Memorial Hall at 952 Main Street in Galesville, next to the Post Office. Erik Michelsen, Administrator for Watershed Protection and Restoration will address restoration projects for South County. Jeff Holland, WestRhode Riverkeeper will update of riverkeeper activities. Russell Stevenson, attorney for Plaintiffs,will review developments in the case of Harwood Civic Association v. Anne Arundel County challenging certain rezonings during Comprehensive Rezoning.
Thursday, May 22
- 8:30 – 10 a.m. South County Coffee Connections has a real treat for all of you for the May meeting, hosted by the Captain Salem Avery Museum at 1418E West Shady Side Road, Shady Side. Bring business cards and materials. Also bring a door prize – if you like. If you have any questions, contact Ms. Ann Shelton, CC, at 410 320 9809.