What’s Going On August 8-15: Full Moon Kayak, Peach Festival, Networking Events and More!
Here are a few of the events happening this coming weekend in South County. Check our Calendar of Events for a more complete listing. If you’ve got something you want added to our Calendar or “What’s Going On,” please email Mitchelle@southriversource.com or Cynthia@southriversource.com. We’re happy to add it in as quickly as our fingers can type it.
Friday, August 8
- 4 – 8 p.m. Girls Night Out at The Copper Bowl – Start your weekend off with a Girls Night Out at The Copper Bowl. Enjoy a Microzone Facial with Tina for $35; Auricular Acupuncture with Trish for $35; Relaxation Hypnotherapy with Linda Lee for $30; a Mini-Reflexology with Leanora for $35; Manicure for $20 or a Pedicure for $30. Wine and appetizers will be available as well. Reserve your time by calling 443-294-6612 5954. The Copper Bowl is located at 5954 Deale-Churchton Road, Deale.
Saturday, August 9
- 11 a.m. The Davidsonville United Methodist Church’s Annual Peach Festival – Join in the fun and enjoy homemade peach pies, peach jam, peach cobbler, fresh peaches over ice cream and peach smoothies. There will be live music, food and vendors. Event runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the church’s parking lot at 819 West Central Avenue, Davidsonville. For additional information visit www.dumc.net.
Sunday, August 10
- 1 p.m. Quarters From Heaven Quarter Auction at the Deale Elks Lodge. Doors open at 1 p.m. and the auction starts at 2 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door (both options include a roll of quarters). Vendors to include: Celebrating Home, Dove Chocolate, In a Pickle, Mary Kay, Origami Owl, Pampered Chef, Plexus, Scentsy, Tastefully Simple and Thirty One & More. Participants must be at least 16 years old and accompanied by an adult. No refunds. There will be a bake sale with proceeds to the charity, Anne Arundel County Foster Care Backpack program. Food available for purchase from Big Dave’s BBQ. Please bring new, unused school supplies to fill the book bags for the children. The Deale Elks Lodge is located at 6022 Drum Point Road, Deale.
- 3 – 8 p.m. AA County Full Moon Kayak at Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary- Kayak a beautiful stretch of the Patuxent from Wooton’s Landing to Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, ending under a full moon sky. Marsh ecology and natural history will be discussed along the way. The length is 8 miles and the level is intermediate. The fee is $20 per person. Ages: experienced paddlers 13 years and older. To register call 410-222-7313 or visit http://www.aacounty.org/recparks.
- 5 – 7 p.m. Historic London Town and Gardens Summer Concert Series- Enjoy a variety of music in their ornamental gardens. Bring your own blankets and chairs and a picnic to enjoy. Alcohol is not allowed to be brought on site but beer, wine, other beverages and snacks – including Bayside Bull BBQ’s pulled pork for sandwiches – will be available for sale. Held rain or shine. Admission is free but donations are greatly appreciated.
Tuesday, August 12
- 8 – 9:30 a.m. SoCo Women’s Networking Breakfast at the Happy Harbor Restaurant at 533 Deale Road, Deale. Guest speakers include Attorneys Paul Dougherty and David Weigel. They will discuss contracts and important things to remember. Please plan to purchase a coffee or breakfast item to support our local restaurant.
Wednesday, August 13
- 6 p.m. Water Access Meeting at the Public Works building 445 Maxwell Frye Road, Millersville. Additional meeting are October 8 and December 10.